Friday, May 15, 2009

empezando de nuevo

Hello everyone! I’m sorry for not updating my blog for such a long time. I’ve received a lot of requests to keep you all posted about what is going on. I’ve been going through a lot in the past few months. But I’m ready to start fresh, not just in my Peace Corps experience, but also keeping up with the blog!

For various work-related and security reasons, the Peace Corps has changed my site from Julcán, La Libertad to Pampa Elera, Piura. After spending months in the cold and rainy mountains, I’ll be moving north up to a more tropical region of Peru, fairly close to Ecuador. Here is a map of where I’ll be living.


View Larger Map

Pampa Elera is in the Valley Chipillico. It’s hot and beautiful! The people in the area have been very welcoming and I can’t wait to get to work there.

And here's a photo that just captures some of the beauty of the valley (I promise to put more up soon!):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Becca- Congratulations on the new post. Remember, you are not yet Queen of this new town, so tone down the regal hand gestures!
I'm looking forward to reading and seeing more about your new town.