Saturday, August 14, 2010

chile

I have just arrived back to Piura after a trip with Dave to Chile. This is Dave’s fifth and final visit down to South America to see me. We had a wonderful time together, as usual. We got to see some cool parts of Chile, including the city of Santiago, the coast, and the mountains. We started out in Santiago, which is a very cool city, unlike any other Latin American city I’ve visited. We then traveled to Valparaiso, a city on the coast. We really liked Valparaiso, it had a young artsy feel to it. After Valparaiso, we traveled down to Cajón de Maipo, where we stayed in a little cabin. In the canyon, we went on several beautiful hikes and explored the area. It was a great trip, unfortunately the last trip I’ll be taking in South America before I come home. I feel so lucky that I’ve had the opportunity to visit so many amazing places on this continent while living in Peru.

No comments: