Wednesday, September 10, 2008

finalmente!

The day has finally arrived. After much anticipating, packing (and unpacking and repacking), I have started with the Peace Corps! I am currently in Washington DC for Staging. I have met the 46 other PC volunteers and everyone seems very nice. I can't wait to get to know everyone. The other volunteers are either doing community health promotion with me, environmental education and awareness, or water sanitation. We will be here in DC doing pre-training until Friday and then we'll fly to Lima!

Saying my goodbyes was pretty hard. I feel very lucky to have so many supportive and caring people in my life. Thank you to everyone! I know that I am going to miss everyone a lot; but I also know that you all will be enjoying yourselves in the States (or Colombia... or Ireland... or Thailand...or wherever you are!) while I'm away. And I look forward to coming back and seeing you all again! I hope you all will also be reading the blog and staying in touch with me ;-)
Next time I write I'll be in Peru! Yay!

No comments: