Sunday, January 24, 2010

vacaciones útiles

School is out for summer/rainy season in Peru. Normally during vacation, the kids in these small rural communities have little to nothing to do. For this summer vacation, I am doing a “vacaciones útiles” program (Useful Vacations/ Summer school) with all of the grade school kids. I have over 50 kids participating in the program and the first two weeks have been a big hit. All of the parents have been showing gratitude for me (free mangoes!)
I am teaching an English class, where the kids are learning basic English and the older kids are preparing for high school English. I also have an Arts, Crafts, and Dance class, where we are doing different creative projects and learning typical Peruvian dances, with some American dance moves thrown in too. And lastly, I am teaching a Sports, Physical Education, and Health class. Stay tuned for more pictures and stories about summer school/camp!

No comments: