Wednesday, January 6, 2010

¡visita a los estados unidos!

Over the holidays, I traveled back to Virginia to see friends and family. It was an amazing visit. My only complaint is that it went by way to fast. Just as I started to get settled back into Charlottesville, I had to hop on the plane to come back to Peru. Even though it was hard to say goodbye to loved ones, it was great to see them and feel their support; and now I am ready to start my final year in Peru.

While I was home, I got to catch up with a lot of friends from high school and college. It was great seeing all of you! It was also wonderful spending time at home with my mom, dad, sister, and dog. I am glad that we could all be together again.

Another cool thing I got to do while I was home is visit the fourth grade class at my former elementary school, Virginia L. Murray. I finally got to meet the teacher and students I am working with for our correspondence program. Each of the pen pals in Peru sent New Years cards to their friends in Virginia. I shared stories and pictures with the fourth graders, who were very interested and curious about Peru and our community of Pampa Elera. I also got to take some pictures to share with the kids in Peru.

I am happy to be back in Peru to continue all of my projects and spend time with my host family and friends. But I definitely will miss everyone and everything from the States!

No comments: