Saturday, December 5, 2009

intercambio entre el perú y los estados unidos

One of the projects I have been having the most fun with here has been a correspondence program between a fourth grade class in Virginia and the fourth grade class in Pampa Elera. I have been in touch with a teacher from my very own elementary school. Each student in her class has a pen pal with a student in the fourth grade class here. It has been a lot of fun to see what the Peruvian kids and American kids have in common and what they are curious about each other’s differences. The kids here have really gotten excited about having friends from the US and this correspondence has made them ask questions that they never even knew they had. Although I haven’t yet met the fourth graders back home, I can tell from their letters that they are also very enthusiastic about sharing with and learning from kids their age in Peru. I have found that this has been a great way to share with Americans what life is like in Peru, and vice versa, especially with kids, who have no preconceived notions about socio-economic, political, or cultural divisions.

Here are some pictures of my class here who have pen pals in the US.

No comments: