Saturday, December 5, 2009

noviembre en el perú

November was a very busy month for me. I was working hard preparing for World Aids Day with my youth health promoters, doing activities in the elementary school on health promotion, visiting community members, and being visited by a group of Peace Corps trainees who came to my site to see and experience the life and work of a volunteer. The month really flew by.

In addition to a lot of work, November was also a fun month for me. I started it off by celebrating my birthday/Halloween with the other volunteers in Piura. I spent a week in Lima for mid-service medical checks and program meetings. During my time in Lima, I visited with my old host family and spent time with the other Health volunteers. At the end of November, Dave came down and we celebrated Thanksgiving back in Piura on the beach.

No comments: