Sunday, July 11, 2010

bibiloteca

One of the big projects I have been working on down here is constructing a community library and implementing a literacy program for the children and youth of the community. I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided to start this project. I am essentially the general contractor of construction of a building. This would be hard for me as it is; and I’m doing this in another culture and language. We have finally started construction of the building after many months of planning and fundraising. I will continue to post updates about the progress of this project.

I would like to especially thank Elaine, Katherine, Caroline Knight and their family and friends who made a large donation to the library in honor of their husband and father Dr. Jim Knight. Jim was a wonderful man committed to humanitarian work in the developing world. I feel honored to be doing the work in the library in Jim’s name.

No comments: