Sunday, July 11, 2010

cumpleaños de jesica

It is hard to believe that my little host cousin Jesica just had her 1st birthday in the end of June. Jesica is the daughter of Raul, the youngest son in the Garcia family of 9 children, and his wife, Roxana. Jessica was born when my parents and sister visited last year. She was named after my sister, Jessica, who everyone STILL talks about all of the time. Little Jesica is cute as can be and just started walking! The first birthday is a big deal in this culture and if the family has enough resources, they will throw a party. The parties are really cute because they have the exact same traditions for every party. My favorite is when the dancing starts. The little kids dancing cumbia and salsa is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen.

No comments: