Sunday, July 11, 2010

fin de construcción de las cocinas

After a lot of unexpected obstacles and stress, the community and I have FINALLY finished constructing 51 stoves in the community! It is so rewarding to see 51 little chimneys popped out of houses around the community. When I walk down the street people call out to me asking me when more stoves will arive to the community (hopefully my replacement volunteer can also do a project). But the mothers who do have the stoves are very appreciative and excited about all of the benefits of their new stoves. It is nice to have this load lifted off my back to have this project semi-completed. Now, I am just working on monitoring and evaluation of the project. I am continuing to visit the 51 families with my health promoters to ensure that they are still practicing healthy habits and using their stoves correctly.

No comments: